Joshua holds the WBA, WBO, and IBF heavyweight titles while Fury holds the WBC belt
Anthony Joshua says Wembley Stadium would be the “ideal” venue when he competes against fellow British fellow Tyson Fury.
It was a two-fight deal between the two signed last month However, the venue and date have not yet been announced.
Joshua said finding the right place in a global pandemic caused the delay.
“We want people to come to the venue. It’s just about finding the right place. For me, Wembley would be ideal,” he said.
31-year-old Joshua beat Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley in 2017 and Alexander Povetkin there the following year.
The fighters’ representatives are believed to be considering several offers to host the fight, with Saudi Arabia being the front runner.
Earlier this week, Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn shared iFL TV: “We had an offer that we are all happy with.
“We have an offer that both fighters, both teams, will accept. We are now entering into this contract with this site.”
Joshua’s IBF, WBO, and WBA titles, as well as Fury’s WBC belt, will be the turn of all four major heavyweight belts in the first competition.
Fury, 32, said this week the fight was going to be “100% happen” and Joshua repeated that. He told ITV’s The Jonathan Ross Show in an interview scheduled to air on Saturday: “He wants the fight, no doubt.
“Me and more than him and me, the whole public wants it. I put my crystal ball out there and I’m saying that this year it will happen 100%. Late July, early August.”