McIntosh Labs Hi-Fi Car Audio is coming to Jeep Wagoneer by 2022
- McIntosh Laboratory – the legendary stereo manufacturer best known in Woodstock in 1969 for power supplies and the glowing blue power meters of its high quality audiophile home audio equipment – are making the MX1375 Reference Entertainment System and MX950 Entertainment System
- The 2022 Jeep Wagoneer (MX1375) and Wagoneer (MX950) models, which will hit the market in the middle of this year, will be the first cars to feature the McIntosh car radio systems.
- The MX1375 in the Grand Wagoneer has 23 speakers (including a 12-inch subwoofer), a 1375-watt amplifier with 24 channels, and McIntosh’s adaptive 3D surround processing.
- The Wagoneer Series I, II, and III MX950 have 19 speakers (including a 10-inch subwoofer) and a 17-channel 950-watt amplifier.
- All speakers use McIntosh’s proprietary Low Distortion / High Performance design in a coaxial array that integrates a 1 ”high frequency tweeter into a 3.5” midrange, with the exception of the MX1375’s four 2 ”ceiling speakers.
- There are two blue McIntosh decibel power meters on the models’ infotainment screens.