McLaren Artura plug-in hypercar revealed
- The new McLaren Artura is the British automaker’s first series high-performance hybrid supercar (also known as a hypercar).
- McLaren Artura pricing and availability: Starting at $ 225,000; McLaren is currently taking orders. Delivery is expected to begin in October.
- The Artura is the first model based on the brand new McLaren Carbon Lightweight Architecture and has a curb weight of around 300 kg.
- It is powered by a 3.0-liter V6 gas engine with two turbochargers and an electric motor with a high-energy battery pack that together produces 671 horsepower and 530 lb ft of torque.
- The Artura’s top speed is electronically limited to 205 mph. it reaches 62 mph in 3 seconds flat and 124 mph in 8.3 seconds.
- The battery contains five lithium-ion modules which, depending on the driving mode, can be charged by the combustion engine while driving. In all-electric mode, the Artura has a range of approximately 18 miles and a top speed of approximately 80 miles per hour.
- The plug-in hybrid can be charged to 80% in just 2.5 hours.