• February 23, 2024

Snake bites zoo employee in San Diego

Zoo officials said a poisonous snake bit an employee at the San Diego Zoo on Monday.

A spokesman for the zoo said the wildlife care specialist was immediately rushed to hospital for examination and medical treatment. The incident occurred while the employee was caring for the reptile in a non-public area.

“Although the San Diego Zoo looks after a number of poisonous reptiles, such incidents are very rare and the snake was contained at all times without risk of escape,” the zoo said in a statement to the US TODAY.

The snake affected is an African bush gravel, also known as Atheris squamigera. According to the University of Michigan, its venom can cause fever, bleeding and possibly human death in parts of West and Central Africa Website of the Zoological Museum.

“Snake Cup” ?:Florida plans to ban the possession of pythons, many other high-risk reptiles

Fact check:The image of a seven-headed snake is an old joke

There is no known antidote to the poison of an African bush gravel Seneca Park Zoo in Rochester, New York.

However, for their bites, patients can be treated with an antidote designed to treat the venom of other snakes. This was the case in January 2015 when the Dallas Zoo helped treat a local Bitten by an African gravel he kept in his home, although it is illegal to own one of these snakes in Dallas and Fort Worth.

Jack

Read Previous

Yuengling Lager debuts camouflage cans | 2021-04-13

Read Next

Is Life at NBC News Imitating The Onion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *