Corrections and Clarifications: In an earlier version of this story, the school was misidentified with the total seed # 1. Stanford received the overall number 1.
The 2021 NCAA women’s tournament is finally here, and the road to the national title began with that of the tournament Monday night 64 team bracket reveal. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all games will take place in and around San Antonio this year with regions named after Texas landmarks.
Number 1 teams include NC State (20-2), South Carolina (22-4), Connecticut (24-1), and Stanford (25-2). The cardinal is number 1 overall and will pursue his third national title.
The 2019 national champion Baylor Bears is number 2 in the River Walk region.
The huskies will do without trainer Geno Auriemma for opening Sunday when he isolated after a COVID-19 positive test Sunday. The school announced the news on Monday, just hours before UConn was named the number 1 seed.
PRINTABLE BRACKETS:: Get yours to do your NCAA tournament picks!
The first round will take place on March 21st and 22nd and the Women’s Final Four will take place on April 2nd and 4th at the Alamodome.
1. Stanford versus 16. Utah Valley
8. Oklahoma State vs. 9. Wake Forest
5. Missouri State vs. 12. UC Davis
4. Arkansas vs. 13th Wright State
6th Oregon versus 11th South Dakota
3. Georgia versus 14. Drexel
7th Northwestern vs. 10th UCF
2nd Louisville versus 15th Marist
River Walk Region
1st UConn vs. 16th highlight
8th Syracuse vs. 9th South Dakota State
5th Iowa versus 12th Central Michigan
4. Kentucky versus 13th Idaho State
6. Michigan versus 11. Florida Gulf Coast
3. Tennessee vs. 14. Middle Tennessee
7th Virginia Tech versus 10th Marquette
2. Baylor versus 15. Jackson State
1st NC State vs. 16th NC A & T.
8. South Florida versus 9. Washington State
5th Gonzaga versus 12th Belmont
4th Indiana vs. 13th VCU
6. Rutgers vs. 11th BYU
3. Arizona versus 14. Stony Brook
7th Iowa St. vs. 10th Michigan St.
2nd Texas A&M versus 15th Troy
1st South Carolina versus 16th Mercer
8th Oregon State vs. 9th Florida State
5. Georgia Tech vs. 12. Stephen F. Austin
4. West Virginia versus 13. Lehigh
6th Texas versus 11th Bradley
3rd UCLA versus 14th Wyoming
7. Alabama versus 10. North Carolina
2. Maryland vs. 15. Mount St. Mary’s